What is HERE?
HERE is the new name for Nokia Maps.
With HERE, you can browse and explore places all over the world and:
- Collect places and routes.
- Search for addresses and places of interest, such as restaurants, hospitals and airports.
- Share the places you find with your friends, or post them on your favorite social networking sites.
- Get driving, walking and public transportation directions.
- Explore cities and countries around the world with rich satellite imagery.
- Add your own ratings, reviews and photos of places you’ve been.
- See public transportation lines in hundreds of cities.
- Sync your favorite places on here.com with your phone.
You don’t need to download or install anything to use HERE.
How do I find a place – for example, a restaurant or other public place – on HERE?
To find a place, enter a search term into the search box.
Enter a search term to find what you are looking for. Be specific if you think there may be more than one result.
- Berlin Germany
- Restaurants in New York
- Mama Mia Pizzeria in London UK
You will then see one or more possible matches. Select the one you want on the map or in the list on the left to see more about the place.
I couldn’t find what I was searching for. What can I do?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for:
- Add a city or town to your search. There may be more than one place with the same name.
- Check your spelling. HERE will try to guess what you mean, but correct spelling will make it more likely that you’ll find what you’re looking for.
I can't see the map. What can I do?
To use HERE, you need:
- A Windows PC with a recent version of Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (Note: HERE 3D is only available for Internet Explorer with a special plug-in), or
- A Mac with a recent version of Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
If you still can’t see the map, clear your browser history, delete all cookies and restart your browser.
Does HERE work on smartphones and tablets?
HERE works on just about any smartphone or tablet.
If you have a Nokia Lumia or other Windows Phone device, you can install the Nokia Maps app from the Windows Phone Store. If you have an Android, iOS and Windows 8 device, just open a web browser in your device and go to here.com.
You can also sync the places you collect on HERE with your phone. Make sure you’ve got the HERE Maps app installed.
To find out if there’s a HERE Maps app for your phone, and to download it, click here.
How do I change the look of the map?
You can choose different ways to display the map:
- Map view
- 3D view
- Satellite view
- Terrain view
- Community view
To change the current map view, select the corresponding option on the top right-hand side of the map.
To see public transportation lines, select the bus icon. If you’re exploring one of the cities in which public transportation info is available on HERE, you’ll see metro, subway, tram and rail lines, if the city offers all those modes of transportation.
I’ve seen incorrect, duplicate, missing or out-of-date info for a place on HERE. What can I do?
Shops and restaurants sometimes move or, sadly, go out of business. If you come across incorrect or missing info, please tell us. You can also suggest additional details, such as contact info or the web address of a place, so others can find out more about it, too.
To report problems with a place, select More details in the info box pointing to the place on the map. Then select Report this place and follow the instructions.
We double-check all proposed changes to place info, so you may not see yours right away.
Can I change the displayed language?
HERE is available in 13 languages.
Click My preferences at the top right of the screen (if you’re signed in, you’ll need to click on your name first), then choose your language from the drop-down list.
Save changes to confirm.
Which city or region will I see when I visit HERE and can I change it?
When you come to here.com, we guess roughly where you are (using your IP address) and show it on the map. Otherwise, the map will centre at a default location.
You can set or change your default location at any time:
- Select My preferences
- Enter your default location in the search field.
- Select the appropriate result.