When I'm travelling, I don't want to use my internet connection because it's expensive. Can I save a map to my phone with HERE Maps for mobile web and still use it?
Yes, you can. However, you may not be able to use all of the features that are available when you're connected to the internet.
To save a map area, open the drop-down menu using the icon next to the search bar, and select Save neighbourhood map.
How do I plan a route in HERE Maps for mobile web?
Plan a route for your journey and see it on the map along with a full list of manoeuvres.
- Tap the 'menu' icon, then Route.
- If you don't want the starting point to be your current location, choose another place. Type a location in the start box, then choose from the proposed matches.
- Type a location in the destination box, then choose from the proposed matches.
- If you're not planning to drive, you can also get walking or public transport directions (in some cities).
- To read route directions, tap the 'list' icon.
Tip: To avoid heavy traffic when you drive, tap the 'drive' icon and set the weekday and time you're planning to drive a route. HERE Maps finds the best route based on traffic estimates. To view traffic info when planning a route, tap the 'map view' icon then Live traffic view.
Use voice guidance when walking Get your route, then tap the 'walk' icon and the 'audio play' button. You may be asked to download a navigation voice.
How do I avoid traffic with HERE Maps for mobile web?
Avoid heavy traffic when driving by tapping the 'drive' icon and setting the day and time you plan on driving the route. HERE Maps calculates the best route for you based on traffic estimates. To see traffic info when planning your route, tap the 'map view' icon, then Live traffic view.