How do I share my location with my friend in HERE Maps for mobile web?
Share your location on social media and let your friends know where you are and what you're doing. To do this, you’ll need an account with a social networking service, of course.
Tap a location marker, or tap and hold a location on the map. Then tap the pop-up, which opens a menu.
- Tap the 'share' icon, then choose a social networking service. Note: Not all social networking services work with HERE Maps in every country or region.
- If you need to, sign in to the service.
- You can write a message to accompany what you're sharing.
Send a place to a friend in an email or text message
Tap the 'share' icon then choose the method you wish to use - for example, Email, SMS or Social network.
How do I send a place to a friend in HERE Maps for mobile web?
Want to show your friends where the party is? Send them a link to the place in an email or text message.
- Select a location marker, or select and hold a place on the map.
- Select the pop-up.
- Tap the 'share' icon then choose the method you wish to use. E.g. Email, SMS or Social network.
Can I send my location to another HERE Maps user from HERE Maps for mobile web?
Yes. To send your location, tap the 'my location' icon. A pop-up appears. Tap the pop-up and choose Share, then the sharing method you want to use.
When the recipient opens the message you send them, they can click or tap the link included, and one of the following will happen:
- Maps opens and your shared location is shown (if their phone has Maps 3.06+ running Nokia Anna or later OS), or
- Their phone's web browser is opened and your shared location is shown (if they have a Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone 8).