Verifying your business
I tried to verify my business but got an "Invalid verification code" error. What should I do?
If the verification code isn't working, select Restart verification to get a new code.
Can I use email to verify my place?
Email verification is available if you've claimed your business from HERE and an email address and/or web address is already included in the place info. If you added your business yourself to HERE, you won't be able to use email verification, but other methods will be available.
How do I verify my business?
After you have claimed or created a place, you'll need to verify that you really own it before you'll see your business on HERE. After verifying, you can add more info and detail (such as photos), to your place.
If you haven't already claimed or created a place, you'll first need to find out if your business is already on HERE.
1. Go to Here PrimePlaces
2. Click any red 'Not verified' link.
3. You'll be offered one or more options for verifying your business.
- Phone An automated phone call service will call your business phone number and give you a verification code.
- Postcard A postcard with a unique verification code will be sent to your business address. This may take up to six weeks. When you've received the code, you'll need to enter it on HERE to claim your business.
- Email A verification email will be sent to a company email address.
- Credit Card Use any credit card to verify your business (not just a business credit card).
- Social network Connect with your Facebook account. If your business address matches what we have on file, and your Facebook Page has at least 30 likes, your business is verified instantly.
- Document Send us a scan or photo of a document that shows your business name and address, and we can verify your place in just a few days. You could use a utility bill, business license, tax document, certificate of incorporation or another document.
Depending on your location and whether you've already added or claimed your business, the available verification methods can vary.
How do I enter my verification code?
1. Go to HERE PrimePlaces
2. Next to your business, click on Verification pending.
3. Enter your verification code.
How long does it take to verify a place after the verification request has been sent?
The time it takes to verify a place depends on the verification method you've chosen:
- By postcard: three to six weeks
- By phone: 10 minutes
- By credit card: instantly
- By email: instantly
- By social network: instantly
- By document: two to three days
Available verification methods depend on your location and whether you've added or claimed your business.
I have more than 10 business locations. Can I add them all at once?
Yes. Just follow the easy steps below.
If you want to add 100 or more locations, you can contact our sales team for more help.
1. Go to Add all your places at once and follow the instructions
2. After you upload your places, you can verify them in one of two ways:
a) One-by-one using any of the available verification methods (depending on country: postcard, phone, credit card, email, social network or document) OR
b) By sending a request for verification to firstname.lastname@example.org and including your user name, email address or the Facebook username you use to sign in to HERE PrimePlaces.
Can I change the address that I want the verification postcard sent to?
No. The address we send your verification postcard to must match your business address.
I’m a reseller. How I can find out more about adding businesses to HERE Maps?
It’s easy. Please fill in a short contact form, and we'll be in touch to guide you through the process.