What devices is HERE Maps for Windows compatible with?
HERE Maps is now compatible with all tablets and computers running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1. If you don't have the latest version, download it from Store.
Can I use HERE Maps for Windows with my computer?
Yes. In addition to your tablet, you can use HERE Maps with any computer running Windows 8.1.
How do I use HERE Maps for Windows with my computer?
You can easily browse the map and use all its features with your mouse and keyboard:
- To move the map, drag it in the direction you want.
- To zoom in on the map, double-click the map. To zoom out, hold down the shift key while double-clicking the map.
- To see the address of a place on the map, click and hold the place.
- To tilt the map, hold down the right mouse button and move the mouse pointer up or down.
- To rotate the map, hold down the right mouse button and move the mouse pointer left or right.
- To tilt or rotate the map, you can also click the icons on the right-hand side of the screen.
How can I check which version of HERE Maps I have on my tablet?
In HERE Maps, swipe in from the right of the screen, and tap Settings > About.
In HERE Maps for Windows 8.1, how do I browse places in a city or neighbourhood?
To take a look at what's around, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap Explore.
You can see nearby businesses and places of interest as a list and as little markers on the map. To see more info about a place, tap the list item or marker.
To view only the places nearby that belong to a certain category, for example, restaurants:
- If you're looking at the map full-screen, just tap a category icon on the left.
- If you're looking at the place list, tap the down arrow and a category.
In HERE Maps for Windows 8.1, why is there a green circle around the place I'm currently in?
If accurate positioning data isn't available, a green circle around the location dot shows the area you're probably in. In densely populated areas the accuracy is better, so the green circle is smaller.
If HERE Maps can't find your location, it marks your last known location with a grey dot.
Do I need to have a Nokia account to use HERE Maps for Windows 8.1?
No, but to sync your collected places so you can use them on your phone, tablet, or computer, you need to be signed in to your Nokia account.
To sign in, swipe in from the right of the screen, and tap Settings > Sign in.
How do I sign in to my Nokia account in HERE Maps for Windows 8.1?
Swipe in from the right of the screen, and tap Settings > Sign in.