Why can't HERE Drive find my location?
Check that HERE Drive and your phone can use your location:
In HERE Drive:
- Tap Settings > Location and turn it on.
In your phone settings:
- Tap location and turn location services on.
Other things to consider: GPS:
- If you're indoors, go outdoors to get a better signal.
- If you're outdoors, move to a more open space.
- If the weather's bad, or you're behind a UV-protected or heated windscreen, signal strength may also be affected.
- Make sure you're connected to the internet.
Wi-Fi can help find your location when GPS isn't available. Be sure to turn on Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi networking.
If neither GPS nor Wi-Fi can find your location, your cellular network can be used to help find you. Be sure you have a working SIM card in your phone and are connected to your cellular network.
How can I stop HERE Drive on Windows Phone from using my location?
You can stop HERE Drive from finding your current location by tapping on Settings > Location.
Note that to use the navigation in HERE Drive, location settings must be switched on.
Can I download maps and a voice for navigation for HERE Drive using a cellular connection?
You can download small country maps also over your cellular connection, but for larger maps, you need to use Wi-Fi.
If there's no map downloaded for your current location, it will be streamed over your cellular connection as needed.
The navigation voice can be downloaded either over Wi-Fi or a cellular connection.