Can I get voice-guided walking directions in HERE Maps for Windows Phone?
No, but you can see turn-by-turn navigation walking directions. The map follows your location and will beep and vibrate whenever it's time to turn. Keeping your phone in your pocket with the audio on bluetooth speakers or headset will ensure you get all notifications.
For voice-guided driving directions, use HERE Drive
For directions using public transport, use HERE Transit
How do I get directions in HERE Maps on my Windows Phone?
Choosing your destination
In the HERE Maps app:
- Tap the Search icon at the bottom of the screen and search for your destination.
- Tap the Places icon (next to the Search icon) to see what's nearby
- Select a place from your favourites (the star next to the Search and Places icons).
Once you've chosen your destination:
- Tap on the destination flag in the place info bubble to get the route.
- Alternatively, you can tap the place on the map and select get directions.
When the route is shown on the map, swipe up to see your directions.
You can switch between walking, public transport and driving routes by tapping on the little pedestrian, bus and car, respectively. To get navigation in your car with HERE Drive, tap the car icon and then start navigation.
How do I plan a route starting from another place than my current location with HERE Maps on Windows Phone?
You can plan a route between any locations in the following way:
- Select Options > Directions.
- Select the transport mode (walk, public transport or drive)
- Select From and search for the start location. Select the desired place on the map or choose from the search list.
- Select To and search for the destination location. Select the desired place on the map or choose from the search list.
- When the route is shown, tap the down arrow at the bottom right or scroll down to view the route details.
Alternatively, you can select the start and end points for the route on the map:
- Long press the starting point on the map and tap the place icon.
- Select directions from here.
- Select the transport mode (walk, public transport or drive).
- Tap the map at the top of the screen to enter the map view.
- Long press the end point on the map and tap the destination flag in the place info bubble (or tap the place info bubble and select directions to here).
Can I customise my directions in HERE Maps by choosing places I would like to go via?
No, you cannot add waypoints to your route with HERE Maps on your Windows Phone.
If you want to plan a route that passes through one or more specific places on your way to a final destination, you'll need a separate route for each part of the journey.
Can I share a route in HERE Maps on my Windows Phone?
To share your routes via email or share them to a social network:
- From a list of directions, scroll down until the bottom menu bar appears (there should be three icons).
- Tap the share icon (the middle one).
- Select email to share the route via email, messaging to send by text message or post a message to share the route to social networks.
- Write or modify the message and select the email recipient or the social network where the message is posted.
Your friends can now view your route on their web browser by tapping the link included in the message.