How does the HERE Transit know my position?
HERE Transit has four ways of finding your location:
- GPS (phone must have GPS turned on).
- Assisted GPS (phone must have GPS turned on and be connected to the internet).
- Network-based (SIM card must be in the phone and connected to a network).
- Wi-Fi (must have Wi-Fi turned on).
Why can't HERE Transit find my route?
If you're having trouble getting a route:
- Make sure the date, time and time zone on your phone are set properly.
- Check that you've got a data connection.
- A point in your route might be in a region where no transport info is available.
- The route is too long. HERE Transit is designed for use with local city public transport, not national or international transport.
What do I do if HERE Transit can't find my location?
If it's proving difficult to find your location:
- Check in your phone settings that you've turned on the location settings: Settings > system > location > on.
- Try moving to a place with better GPS reception (e.g. outdoors).
- Check also that the location setting is turned on in HERE Transit: Options > Settings > Use my location > On.
If you are still having trouble, type your starting address.
Do I need to download a map to use HERE Transit?
No, but downloading the map of the place where you want to use the app will reduce the amount of data you use, which could save you money.
Can I save routes in HERE Transit?
You can pin a journey from your current location as a tile to your Windows Phone start screen. Select the options icon at the bottom of the screen, and then the pin icon.
How do I pick a start point from the NEARBY screen in HERE Transit?
Tap and hold a station or stop in the list, and tap plan journey from here.
Can I use HERE Transit to provide driving directions for part of my journey?
No, HERE Transit suggests journeys based on public transport and walking only. Walking speed is used to find journeys to or from bus stops or stations.
How do I switch between kilometres and miles in HERE Transit?
Tap the option icon and then the settings item. Under Units, select the measurement unit you want.
If I am indoors and cannot get a GPS position, can I still plan a journey with HERE Transit?
Yes, you can clear the current position field and select your starting point manually.
Note that if you have Wi-Fi positioning or network positioning enabled on your phone, HERE Transit may find your current position even indoors.
I can see the public transport route but no departure and arrival times in HERE Transit. Why?
Timetable info is not available in your city. HERE Transit can still provide estimated public transport routing based on estimated departure and arrival times.
In HERE Transit, can I see the stations and stops near locations other than my current one?
Yes. You can move and zoom the map to find stations in any area, even if you’re not there.